Hello Tom Davies,

(2011/04/19 8:33), Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
It sounds excellent.  Does Google own the list or does it belong to TDF?
No :)
  If
Gsoc manage to fix all those then surely you would want a list of new easy
hacks?  I found this page to help ...

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Easy_Hacks
That gave a few links to good searches in our bugs area.  Here is the 1st one
they listed
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=EasyHack&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
I will work with the developers on libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org and I will stop posting to marketing
because only developers are candidates for mentors...

Well, as Cédric Bosdonnat has pointed out, programming task are suitable for Gsoc/MHST.

Some hacks are too easy; we need to think about the time constraints and the skills of the students too.

You are part of the LibreOffice Community so you have as much right to decide as
anyone else.  Perhaps some in the Steering Group could be considered to have a
larger vote, or just more experience.

Perhaps this could help open Gsoc to other languages rather than insisting that
people speak only 1 language.  If so then it could have an even larger benefit
to all of us.  Your idea is definitely a good move in my opinion.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)
Thanks for nice words :)

Nguyen Vu Hung