Le 2011-02-23 09:08, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions a écrit :

Well, where is the Draw and Math icons in his set? I did not know their
were any separate icons for templates with one for each template file
extension or purpose.

And yes, it would have been nice to have this "conversation" from this
person in the lists or with the development and design teams. I also
agree that images that look nice as a large one may not stand up in the
"standard" icon sizes.

I wonder about the "bad press" idea or issue. IF there are people out
there reading this article and never heard of LibreOffice, then either
they are put off or they are going to have a look at the package to see
what the icons and such is all about. I hope those who know LibreOffice
will take this as a personal view, not fact, as you stated above.

From my point of view, it is OK to hear of outside criticism of our product and website. I even see this as a healthy thing. I do not know of any family where there are no arguments and dissenting views on certain topics. It's the reaction that we (LibreOffice members) have to the criticisms that counts. We should look at his points and see if they are valid and either move on it or not. We do not have to be pushed into someone else's agenda though.

IMO he did have some neat proposals. Like Christian said, the fact that there was only N.America bothers me. But, hey, if we could have a rotating animated .gif of a globe, maybe that would be neater. His icons are just another proposal that, if he would join our teams, would be added to other proposals for discussion. If they were acceptable to the membership then we would do something with them.

As to the critique of the site, well, nothing new, we have had some members voice their comments on it being too verbose. Others think it is fine. If it needs more fine-tuning, the great website team that we have will take care of it.

So really, nice article to read and we should take the high road and thank him for his comments and ask him if he would like to join our membership rather than stand on the curb and comment from the outside.

He is probably on our lists anyway.

Cheers