Hi David, welcome Andy!

Andy, as you sent similar mails to the different mailing lists you subscribed to, it seems that we really lack in communication about the topic of the different lists as well as how to use them in general.

So we should create a wiki page (might be moved over to the website later on) containing the necessary information.

David Nelson schrieb:
Hi Andy, :-)

[...]

Are you interested in developing content for
http://test.documentfoundation.org?

You probably mean the LibreOffice website (actually at http://test.libreoffice.org) instead of the TDF website.

[...]

Im newish to the mailing list for LibreOffice, but I would like to offer
some help with LibreOffice in some shape or form going forward (but not
programming at the moment).

That's the way most of us are trying to support LibreOffice.

[...]

I mainly come from an administration background in work, but am moving more
and more to my preferred role as IT becomes more utilised in my work place.

If you could suggest some areas which I can assist in longterm, or
suggestions, or have any questions or need any more information please email
me.

As you probably found out by now, we post our replies, suggestions and questions to the mailing list address and the list servers distributes them to all the people subscribed to the list.

This is better than PM (personal mail) in most cases, because other people can join the discussion or know that the question has been replied already.

The only one able to find out the right area for your contribution is just yourself. As David already mentioned, it depends on your interests - technical skills as you mention might be very helpful in QA (quality assurance) and documentation (network install and things like that), but these topics are discussed on dedicated mailing lists (I don't know if you are subscribed to libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org or documentation@libreoffice.org).

Here in marketing we work on different ways to improve public recognition for LibO, on branding and visual design and so on.

Im not to sure of how best to start the LibreOffice community but am open
for direction to the correct people etc.

There are quite a number of interesting threads (follow-ups of mails created by replying to an existent mail - most mail clients allow to sort the mails by these threads) discussed here on the list (and on the other lists you subscribed to).

Feel free to share your thoughts on these topics by replying to any interesting mail.

To start a new topic, don't reply to an existent mail, but create a new mail and send it to the mailing list.

Best regards

Bernhard