Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2010 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Hi Ivan, hi Bernhard, Jens, *!

Am Freitag, den 05.11.2010, 21:18 +1300 schrieb Ivan M.:

We'll have to tell our users about the planned update of the graphics, but
at least we provide colors...

      * From LibO 3.3. to 3.4: Finalize the branding stuff for "initial
        branding" and further refine it (e.g. create missing MIME icons
        etc.) and use it for the software. More important, start working
        on the "community branding" (e.g. brainstorming, community
        values, demos, agreement, ...).

This version should contain the final mimetype icons IMHO, even if they
would rather be part of the "community branding" for LibO 3.5. But I don't
want to release another version with the "old" icons - and don't see a
reason to create an interim branding set of icons for just one release.

Of course, if we are that good :-)

I agree, although I think all branding should be open to minor tweaks
(definition: taking existing material and modifying it some small way
to improve its usability). It would be nice if we shipped with perfect
icons but based on user feedback, there might be something we missed
no matter how much testing we do initially. There could be a branding
review and opportunities for more substantial changes for major
version-number releases.

      * After LibO 3.5: Use the "community branding" and for both the
        software and also for the web presence etc.

What do you think? We may ask the TDF Steering Committee to decide on
that to make this somehow official.


+1 from me too, with one small caveat: I'm not sure about how soon
these releases are going to come out (i.e., faster than once every 6-8
months), so I wouldn't like to talk about version numbers without any
(rough) schedule.

It was more meant to get an idea how it could work - but I also assumed
approx. 6 months between the releases. To be honest, I didn't want to
talk about a time based roadmap (within this idea) without knowing some
dates for the currently planned LibO 3.3 ;-)

However, it seems there is some agreement - and I am very happy about
that. I'm very much looking forward what we can achieve :-)

Any other thoughts?


E-mail to for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.