Hi all,

some people already asked for the branding material source data (e.g.
SVGs) to join the "graphic creation wave". I have also been asked by the
TDF team, whether I could explain how to use the graphics - at the
moment, we really aim to not only to create a great basis for the
community project, we also aim for a consistent branding that helps
everyone (especially users) to gain some trust.

Well, after some blog posts (more to come) that explain how we came up
with some stuff, I started a wiki page to start the branding guidelines
and best practices. It is still work-in-progress, so please expect some
(hopefully positive) changes in the next few days.

But what can you expect "today"? Let's see:
      * SVG data for the logo including "what to do" and "what to avoid"
      * The color palette including a palette file for Inkscape / The
        Gimp
      * The description of our name (e.g. LibreOffice, The
        DocumentFoundation, LibO)
      * Font explanations and the download location
      * More detailed information to most of the topics (references to
        the blog posts).

Things to be done:
      * Explain some branding basics.
      * Explain the "key visuals", e.g. the small triangle or the
        gradients you can see in LibreOffice Beta and the website.
      * Improve the access to the logo (I think a matrix for the
        different scalable / pixel-optimized versions would be helpful)
      * Improve the color palette; there has been a proposal for an
        additional color by Bernhard. And we need the CMYK values.
      * More examples, e.g. how did the initial website design look
        like?
      * Make it really work: Feedback required! (Your job, by the way
        *g*)

Here it is:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

By the way, it would be great if somebody could proof-read the page and
tell me whether the location in the wiki is correct. I skipped some of
the discussion and simply "hijacked" the already existing Marketing
page.

Finally, thanks to all who directly and indirectly contributed
(already)! All the material (e.g. the pronunciation files), or the
feedback (e.g. in the blog postings, on the mailing list) helped a lot.

@Bernhard: Did I forget anything?

Cheers,
Christoph