[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- From: "Ming Hua" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 06:30:19 +0800
- To: "LO L10N Mailing List" <email@example.com>
- Cc: "Martin Srebotnjak" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sorry I wasn't clear in my original mail, I meant for this string change to happen for 6.4.1, not 6.4.0. Although it would be nice to get it done before 6.4.0 official release, the time is just too tight and it wouldn't be fair to translation teams that aim at 100% coverage.
The way LO git repository works, 6.4.0 is currently not on 6-4 branch anymore, but on its own 6-4-0 branch (though I don't know the details how weblate syncs the strings from and to the repository). What I'm proposing is to backport the renaming patch sometime after 6.4.0 is released, likely end of January, then leave enough time for translators to work on it before 6.4.1 is released at the end of February. Presumably the users willing to adopt new releases early will be less bothered by such string changes.
I will definitely coordinate with all the people affected and announce the timing of the backport on this list.
------------------ Original ------------------
From: "Martin Srebotnjak" <email@example.com>
Send time: Tuesday, Jan 14, 2020 5:39 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
> Hi Ming,
> there are some l10n teams working out of Weblate (like Slovenian), so if this string freeze gets accepted, please do post here this fact.
> If it gets approved, we must deliver translations into Weblate or code repository by January 20, to get it into RC3 (planned for Week 4 , Jan 20, 2020 - Jan 26, 2020).
> So hopefully this decision would be made by tomorrow and Weblate promptly updated.
> Personally I do not mind it, but just let us know ASAP so we can work on a l10n update in the next days.
> Lp, m.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze||sophi <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze||"Ming H." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze||Martin Srebotnjak <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze