[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- From: "Ming H." <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 04:15:49 +0800
- To: "l10n" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dear Sophie and l10n teams,
I am writing to ask for approval of backporting a patch to 6-4 branch that breaks string freeze. The patch is about a new feature in 6.4, "Full-sheet preview/export" in Calc , specifically about how it's is shown in the "PDF Options" export dialog.
Recently there was a bug report (#129714, ) that asks for changing the current wording "Full-sheet previews" as the feature also covers exporting to PDF, and describing it as "previews" may be misleading. After discussion the wording change to "Whole sheet export" has been decided and the patch was applied to git master on January 11th.
Since this is a new feature in 6.4, I feel first introducing it one way and then changing the name right next release would be a disservice to users. So I propose to backport it (just the renaming patch, the feature is already in 6.4) to 6-4 branch and have it consistent from 6.4.1 release and on.
Of course this breaks the string freeze, and a cursory search on Weblate  shows the string (translation tag 2o29R) has been translated to 27 languages. So I'm asking these teams to approve this late request, since you need to translate the new string for the next release sooner or later anyway. Meanwhile, languages that haven't translated it yet can avoid a bit of extra work.
P.S.: I can't find the procedure for string freeze break described on wiki, so I'm just writing to this list. If there are more people (documentation team?) that I should ask, please let me know.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze||"Ming H." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze||Martin Srebotnjak <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Help strings for LO Online in Weblate - lost translations?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Help strings for LO Online in Weblate - lost translations?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for breaking string freeze