Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Hi all,

To keep you informed on this, here is an abstract of the ESC meeting:
l10n (Sophie)
+ LibreOffice Online pot files hasn’t been uploaded for 7 weeks
+ huge performance issues, will have an upgrade next week on
Thursday.
+ hope this will solve the perf. problem.
+ translate.za - are working on this (Cloph)
+ doing some test migrations on their systems, if issues
- will fix it.
+ plan is for Thur. if they can solve the performance
issues, so down-time expected to be hours.
+ database needs to be migrated to the new schema (Cloph)
+ the transition to it is the thing that is slow.

Cheers
Sophie
Le 06/12/2016 à 12:46, Dwayne Bailey a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> A quick heads up from the Pootle developers.
>
> We're busy testing the migration of the current Pootle database to our
> latest codebase.
>
> This brings with it a number of improvements, most importantly speed, lots
> of it. LibreOffice os by far the biggest sized Pootle server we have out
> there and we've been optimising many of the code paths. The template
> update should also be faster and have less impact.
>
> So currently we're doing the test migrations and we hope to deploy
> relatively soon.
>
> Thanks for your patience and I'm sure you'll experience something lightning
> fast in a few days time.
>
> On 5 December 2016 at 20:15, Anton Meixome <meixome@certima.net> wrote:
>
>> Me too,
>>
>> I'm feeling so fisherman.. string by string
>>
>> :-)

>>> Valter Mura <valtermura@libreoffice.org> 於 2016年12月5日 週一 上午2:37寫道:

>>> Extremely slow and unbearable.
>>> Offline translation works and saves more time, but uploading fails on
>> some
>>> specific po files. :S
>>>
>>> --
>> deleted
>>

>> --
>> Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
>> Galician community LibO & AOO
>>
>> --
>> deleted

GSM: +33683901545