Hi Michael, all,

Michael Meeks schrieb:
> [...] The rational here was to ensure that everyone's language is
> treated equally. Incidentally, as an aside - the problem space is not
> restricted only to single-locale users: many corporate users (for
> example) want to deploy it worldwide, and have a single image that has
> localizations for ~everywhere.

I don't know if the rationale of not preferring English (as international communication language) in our builds is too important to provide the two-files-download version (English main package plus lang-pack) as an alternative aside the multi-package.

If we have enough server space for:
- multi-installer
- EN-installer (better would be "no-language"-installer, but this will probably not work)
- language packs in all languages

I'd propose to go this way for LibO 3.3.0.

I can't imagine that anybody here has so much time to discuss this topic now - and at least for our first release we should provide something people can handle:

The multi-installer for people in need for one single package download in their language

The EN-installer and lang-pack for others with main focus on the download size willing to download and install two packages one after another.

This would have to be supported by the download script (or at least mentioned on the download page), but I think the website team can cope with it...

Of course there is much room for improvement - but I think this can wait until the release of LibO 3.3.0.

Best regards

Bernhard