Hi *,

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 10:14 PM Kolbjørn Stuestøl
<kolbjoern@stuestoel.no> wrote:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know this beforehand.

Have checked Norwegian Nynorsk for errors. 3 that were not changed
because Norwegian has a different ending compared to English, and one
because the file was blocked for changes.

I don't understand what you mean with blocked for changes

In what has to do with xml, there are so many errors that I am not
finished.

As said many of the checks are not fatal errors, but the LibreOffice ones are.
so the important checks:
* Trailing newline
   this is a fatal error when building, so endling newline or no
ending newline must match, all errors of this kind are in languages
not being part of the default set of languages
* LibreOffice formula
* LibreOffice formula identifier
* LibreOffice installer bar
* LibreOffice Math symbol names
* LibreOffice SQL function
   → all the LibreOffice ones cause the string to be
discarded/ignored/not used for translation since they would cause
runtime errors
* XML-syntax
  → malformed xml is always a problem/should be looked into

Most error reported seems to be due to different word orders
in Norwegian and English. Some because I have used <emph></emph> where
the original text hasn't. So not "errors".

Yes, xml markup is a hint and you can dismiss the warning.

I am grateful for this opportunity to correct mistakes even if it also
creates some extra work.

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textswriterguide/nn/?checksum=5c0d3c85096f2309
for example is xml-syntax error, there's "<</menuitem>" in there, note
the additional < in front of the closing tag.

The other checks can have many false positives (like unchanged
translation or the xml-markup/different number of different order of
the tags are usually intentional.

ciao
Christian

Den 26.06.2024 17:30, skreiv Christian Lohmaier:
Hi *,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 10:19 PM Kolbjørn Stuestøl