Hello all,

sophi kirjoitti 26.12.2023 15:02:
Hi Stanislav,

Le 21/12/2023 à 10:03, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :
Hi,

I would like to ask if there is a policy for adding strings to glossaries shared across all languages (i.e. the strings marked with the "terminology" flag).

Currently, there are many terminology strings which are not useful at all, only cluttering the glossaries (check yourself e.g. [1]). They are being added continuously and I deleted some of them, but I think it should be more controlled what is going in. In the glossary itself, I found a sentence suggesting that the initial idea was to use the shared part only rarely [2].

What are your opinions?

I agree with you. Do you have suggestions on how to enforce contributors to not use the Terminology flag? I can add it to the wiki, but not sure people will read there.

Having to delete unnecessary terminology strings is indeed annoying. IMO adding glossary entries to other languages should not be enabled by default. I opened an issue on Weblate's Github earlier:

https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues/8807

If TDF is going to fund improvements to Weblate again (I hope so!), this could be one candidate.

Best regards,
Tuomas