Hey there...

Joined today.

I'm just an average home user. I have been using Microsoft Office (Word
mostly) since 1995 in one way or another... (those days! lol). I'm
currently using Office 2013 on my PC and 360 on my laptop.

Just a couple months ago, I started playing around with LibreOffice and I
must say you guys have pulled it really nice and smooth. Now, I am slowly
converting my doc files into open format one by one and I am really having
fun as well doing it.

I have decided to give localization a try. I'm not a professional but I can
contribute a little bit.

So, I hope this is the right place to ask anything about it as I go. I have
made an account on weblate and tried some test suggestions today. Weblate
username: Imr

I noticed there are already pending suggestions made by other users.

I am from Pakistan btw and Urdu is spoken all across the Indian region
(current day Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nepal etc). Wikipedia mentions
+170 million total speakers. So, I have no clue on the question of Urdu
variants/dialects. In my knowledge, even in Pakistan where Urdu usage is
essentially uniform (nothing to worry about dialects here)... there is no
functional central body of any sorts (govt. or otherwise) that provides any
form of agreed-upon technical terminology. I will be using my own
assessment mostly.

However, technical jargon related to APP UI is essentially 'untouched'
territory. From what I come across, every next UI project uses its own
judgement. Just one example:

Find / Search has been translated into Urdu as:
*تلاش کیجئے*
*ڈھونڈئیے*
*جستجو*
All of these 3 are equally valid but some are more formal than others,
hence more suitable.

I could not find any Urdu Team or Project Manager for Urdu Localization so
I guess this is the right place to ask any questions and post updates etc.
I am new to this and the required information for this kind of work was
spread across more than a dozen pages at LibreOffice.org, wiki pages and
mailing lists.

Thanks.