Hi Martin, *,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Martin Srebotnjak <miles@filmsi.net> wrote:
Hi,

As always I am writing this with best intentions for LO; so: I would like
to point to some problems regarding the l10n of the official LO website(s).

1) There is a new (or updated) string on the download page(s), that is not
localizable:
"Older versions of LibreOffice (may be unsupported!) are available in the
archive" <https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/>
It should be added to pootle to be localized ASAP.

True - that was added recently, and will be added to pootle later
today or tomorrow.

2) The new download page is only available on the English page and still
not localizable or available to l10n sites and in Pootle;

Also true - we wanted to sort out bugs in terms of usability with that
one first, finalize on the design before deploying it to others.

And while I mightnot have replied to your post in particular, I'm
pretty sure that has been stated in the past already.

3) Since 2) we are stuck with "old" download page that has only one version
so we duplicate this page for both stable and fresh downloads; but there is
a caveat: the substring " (stable)" is present on both pages,

Both are stable versions as opposed to the development/pre-release
ones (AKA beta/rc)

so you can
see how the "fresh" page looks now on the Slovenian and German sites (with
word stable written in the title) - advertising the "fresh" version as the
"stable" one:
https://de.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
https://sl.libreoffice.org/prenosi/najnovejsi-libreoffice/

There is fresh and still, not fresh and stable

4) The donation page is also an old one, not available for l10n, so we have
to use old donation page on l10n sites.
I think this is the issue in redmine, there might be more:
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2462

Same reason basically as with the donate page, we wanted to run some
tests first to make sure it doesn't mess up with the donations that
pay all the bills...
I think we can have the strings of the donate page in pootle same time
as the one with the archive.

5) Someone deleted localized Slovenian pages for Imprint, Privacy Policy
and Credits and replaced them with direct links to English pages, also they
appear in the Slovenian menu as "Imprint", "Privacy Policy" and "Credits".

We need to make sure that all pages have current data - legal stuff is
annoying sometimes :/

This was done without contacting me, the maintainer of the Slovenian site.

True, sorry for that. But unfortunately we have many nl-sites that are
rather stale, so we cannot wait for everyone in all cases.

I understand legal issues with "Privacy Policy" that might have to be in
English, but as editor of the Slovenian website I cannot allow menu items
to be in English nor can I allow pages "Imprint" and "Credits" to appear in
their content in English - please make these pages l10n-able ASAP as
possible. For the time being I removed the "Credits" subpage from the menu
and left the other two for legal issues.
Also I want my localization strings back, I am the author, no one can
delete my work - I need to reuse those strings.

There's history of previous versions in silverstripe, so no reason to
be all that upset about changing of pagetype. furthermore there is
waybackmachine or similar, that might also have your page indexed...

6) I really support this 3-year old ticket, it is essential for us l10n
site maintainers:
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/901

We had something like this in the past and it wasn't really used, but
I'll look into that once more.

ciao
Christian