Hi Michael

Well this is not as big a problem as you make it. Basically you open the
document I sent a link to earlier. The UI language of LibreOffice should be
set to the language that you want to check. Generate the report, which will
list all menus and sub-menus and highlight the problematic menu entries.
Save the file and change the UI language to KeyID and reopen the report
there. Now you can easily find the exact string in Pootle.

Let me know if you do not know what KeyID is and how to use it.

/Niklas

Hi Niklas,

This has often been debated but I don't think anything ever happened. The
main issue with any such tool is that unless it links to the unique UI
string, it's not much help because most of the time there are like 50
incidences of &Edit and to make matters worse, we have _Edit and &Edit type
hotkeys and worse still, if I search for Edit and the string is E&dit, it
won't get found.

The summary of previous discussions is that if a locale does not assign
hotkeys, the system does it automatically - which no one tells you when you
start out, and while I'd prefer that for our locale, I don't have the
resources to strip all existing hotkeys. Other than that, there are the
usual problems of not knowing the scope (i.e. what other UI strings are
sharing the menu with said string) and restricted letter sets (Gaelic has
18 letters, fewer if you ignore letters with descenders...)

Ideally I think we'd need a tool which during localization flags
"Duplicated hotkey in menu scope" + list of strings in scope. And/or a tool
that allows locales which do not want to assign hotkeys manually to strip
them all from the existing files so the system can automatically deal with
the issue.

Michael

Sgrìobh Niklas Johansson na leanas 24/09/2015 aig 10:01:

After thinking a bit about it I instead decided to write a small tool in
basic that uses the accessibility interfaces to traverse the menus and
print a report in Writer. This makes it possible to run from Linux,
Windows
and even on Mac. You'll find some more information on how to use the tool
in the document below (also containing the relevant macros).

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
<http://www.xn--igidhlig-0ya.net> <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

deleted