小笠原さん、その他みなさん、
(Hi Naruhiko, *, :-))

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Naruhiko Ogasawara <naruoga@gmail.com> wrote:
Almost 5pm. On Jan 5th 2014, I've applied the template to our
(Japanese) pootle site, but unfortunately, some "unsubmitted"
suggestions are gone.

That's too bad, I don't think pootle exports the suggestions into the po files

Must of missing suggestions let replace old translations, but
some of them are for new words.

How we should do?

As I don't know what files/strings are affected by this, I
unfortunately cannot help myself.

I uploaded the po files that were created right before applying the
new update here:
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/2013-01-03/libo_ui/

So please download the po file from that URL, and then (depending on
how much strings are missing) either upload that file to pootle to add
back those translations, or just look at the file in your text-editor
and copy'n'paste the translation into pootle.

If it is about strings that already had been translated, using the
translation memory server might be a shortcut to get back the old
strings.
Unfortunately current browsers block scripts from http URLs, when the
current page is viewed via https - so you have to look for an icon in
your browser's tool/location bar that lets you whitelist the
translation server.
In Chromium it is a shield icon at the right-hand side in the location
bar, left to the bookmark-star.
In firefox it is at the left of the URL (see e.g.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-content-isnt-secure-affect-my-safety
)

RC2 deadline will be soon, and we already moving on applied
pootle site (if we use the backup, our activities will be gone).

Any idea?

 It is not clear what backup you're referring to - the one I took
before updating, or your own - In any case: The file-upload to pootle
lets you specify whether the file you upload should completely replace
the existing one, or whether the translations should be combined.

So when you choose "combine/merge", then the translations you did
after updating against the templates should be preserved.

Hope that helps,

If not, the only thing that might work is a database backup - but
extracting stuff from that likely is difficult / at least some hints
as to what file(s) are affected would help.

ciao
Christian