Acturial value is mostly used in finance and insurance.

Actuarial value is a measure of the percentage of expected health care
costs a specific health plan will cover for the "standard" population.
Actuarial value is generally calculated using the ratio of:

*the total expected payments by the plan for essential health benefits*

*the total expected costs of the "standard" population for essential health
benefits *

It´s the discipline that uses statistis and math in the way to determine
risk and income (cash flow) and try to estabilish te present value of
future cash flows. In a way it´s similar to TIR.

http://www.zanebenefits.com/blog/bid/252609/What-is-Actuarial-Value-AV

Regards