Hi :)
but the spaces get replaced by %20 so it's really
http://download%20archive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old

Spaces get confusing in a url.  When you give people links in printed materials the blue underling
obscures underscores so it's never clear whether a space is an underscore or really a space.  Then
sometimes spaces get replaced by %20.  We have seen cases where the % then gets replaced by a %25.
All making the url harder to read and remember.

I tend to find CamelCase becomes quite readable so

http://DownloadArchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old
is more practical and more readable.

Regards from

Tom :)