Hi Mihovil,

On Sunday, 2013-07-07 18:01:28 +0200, Mihovil Stanić wrote:

I'm stuck with this and I need some help. :)
Trying to fix some mistakes in hr_HR.xml file used for our locale
setup, but I don't understand few strings, nor they are explained
good in manual.
Here is our locale file:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/i18npool/source/localedata/data/hr_HR.xml

1.  Long dates:
      <LongDateDayOfWeekSeparator>, </LongDateDayOfWeekSeparator> -
my guess this means separator after "monday, "?

Yes, correct.

      <LongDateDaySeparator>. </LongDateDaySeparator> - does this
reffer to "1." or "first."?

1.

      <LongDateMonthSeparator> </LongDateMonthSeparator> - writing
month as an string and not number is ok

That is the separator used after the month name in a long date, e.g. in
Monday July 8, 12:37
the space after July.

      <LongDateYearSeparator> </LongDateYearSeparator> - does this
reffer to "2013" or "two thousand and thirteen"?

2013, this usually is only important for locales that in a long date
write the year first.

The separators are used when parsing long dates, not when displaying
dates which is done with the format codes.

2. Format Element:
formatindex="16" - according to manual, formatindex value should be
from 0 to 49 except I cannot use numbers 10, 11, 48 and 49. Can I go
above 49?

Yes, >=50 can be freely assigned.

I wanted to add some formatting, but all numbers are
taken. Also, can I assign number however I want, or there are some
rules?

Best to just start at 50 and continue with incrementing by one. You can
also reorder numbers between versions, the restrictions about fixed
meanings apply only to the first 50 formats.

    <FormatElement msgid="CurrencyFormatskey5" default="false"
type="medium" usage="CURRENCY"  formatindex="16">
      <FormatCode>#.##0,00 CCC</FormatCode>
    </FormatElement>
    <FormatElement msgid="CurrencyFormatskey6" default="false"
type="medium" usage="CURRENCY"  formatindex="17">
      <FormatCode>#.##0,-- [CURRENCY];[RED]-#.##0,--
[CURRENCY]</FormatCode>
    </FormatElement>

Can someone explain this 2 currency formattings to me? I don't
understand what does CCC means in first formatting,

The CCC is replaced by the currency ID (e.g. EUR) of the currently
active locale. This keyword exists only for backward compatibility and
should not be used otherwise as it depends on the active locale what
currency is displayed, which is quite nonsense.. Currency format codes
should use the [$-<currencysymbol><langid>] or [$<currencyid>] instead.

and what does ,-- means in second?

That for non-cent amounts displays ,-- instead of ,00 i.e. displays dash
instead of 0, e.g. 123,-- and 123,45

I just added a pointer to
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/offapi/com/sun/star/i18n/NumberFormatIndex.idl
in the
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/i18npool/source/localedata/data/locale.dtd
file.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack