2012/8/27 Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf@gmail.com>:

In my view, key names are the names as they appear on the keys of the
keyboard. So in your example where you use one keyboard for different
languages, the names of the keys remain the same. So it makes perfectly sense
to get these names from the OS, provided the user entered the right ID of the
keyboard, which contains these names, in the OS. The functions of these keys
is a different matter, they may change from language to language.

Thanks Freek for feedback, :)

Currently we can localize every key name at help. Englsh help has
English key names, Spanish help has Spanish key names, and so on.

The help doesn't keep the names of any keyboard layout, so the keys
have a proper name in every language (shift, mayúsculas, majúscules,
maiusculo,...).

Key names at LibO GUI can't be localized. I think it's missing
feature. Other big projects, like Firefox, allow to localize these
strings.

Best regards,
Joan Montané