Il 19/11/2011 21:50, Joan Montané ha scritto:
El 19 de novembre de 2011 21:12, Harri Pitkänen<hatapitk@iki.fi>  ha escrit:

On Saturday 19 November 2011, Mihkel Tõnnov wrote:
2011/11/19 Eike Rathke<erack@redhat.com>
In a recent build you can check use of month noun versus possessive
month in the number formatter if you compiled your new locale data with
a make in i18npool (note: execute make twice to be sure the new data is
available, it seems that due to some shortcoming in the current
makefile
setup some dependencies are missing). If the format code contains month
(MMM or MMMM) and day of month (D or DD) the possessive name is
displayed, else (no D or DD code) the noun is displayed.

Where exactly is this going to be used -- Calc's date-formatted cells,

Writer's date-fields, ...?
And will it be strictly one way or the other, or will users be able to
choose which form (nominative/inflected) they want in a given context?
I ask because in Estonian both forms (and more :P ) could be used,
depending on sentence.

Similar problem with Finnish. We need to use genitive or partitive
depending
on whether the month name comes before or after the day of month. So you
can
write the date for today either as

  "marraskuun 19. 2011" (genitive) or
  "19. marraskuuta 2011" (partitive)

Currently this is not much of a problem for us since using spelled (as
opposed
to numeric) months is quite uncommon. We can also work around the problem
by
using custom date formats: MMMM"n" for genitive and MMMM"ta" for partitive
month name. This happens to be possible because all month names are
inflected
from nominative to genitive or partitive with exactly same suffix.

This workaround would no longer work if all date formats containing day of
month would automatically substitute MMMM with genitive form. Thus we
probably
should not add<GenitiveMonths>  for Finnish at this point. But the feature
is
nice anyway and with a small extension (support for partitive forms) could
make our date formats much easier to work with.

Harri

Hi all,

It's not related with inflective forms, but something similar needed in
Catalan, and maybe in other languages like French or Italian.

In Catalan it's usual to use the long date form "3 de setembre de 2011"
(3rd of September of 2011, day of month of year), and other similar long
date forms using the preposition "de" (of) in front of month and year. This
form can be build with a custom date format using: D "de" MMMM "de" YYYY,
but it's not perfect, because the preposition "de" is contracted in front
of some months to "d' ", so there are 3 months were "de" should be changed
to "d' ".

Some examples, 1st of each month, from January to December, of 2011:

1 de gener de 2011
1 de febrer de 2011
1 de març de 2011
1 d'abril de 2011
1 de maig de 2011
1 de juny de 2011
1 de juliol de 2011
1 d'agost de 2011
1 de setembre de 2011
1 d'octubre de 2011
1 de novembre de 2011
1 de desembre de 2011

What's the correct way to achieve the good format in these cases?

Hi All,

This is not the case for Italian, we use in the most part of cases:

Ciao
--
Valter
*Open Source is better!*