2011.06.03 06:19, toki rašė:

On 02/06/2011 12:29, Mike Dupont wrote:

This means that changes can be cherry picked out and included in libreoffice, no?
What changes?

Under the new OOo license there is no requirement for source code to be
available, much less sent up stream.

Which means that the best license for LibO to use is AGPL, precisely
because it is incompatible with the EULA that OOo will be distributed
under. (Unless you don't mind your LibO contributions being used in a
closed source, priority program that is distributed under a EULA on
slightly less restrictive than MSO2000 Enterprise Edition.)

What for? IANAL, but as far as I understand, Apache license allows *us* to use OOo's code, perhaps even relicensing it under LGPL/MPL. Meanwhile LGPL/MPL that *we* are using does *not* give OOo the similar freedom to relicense *our* code under Apache license. It's a one-way compatibility.

Also, may i ask what is the point of a lgpl. library gpl for an application.
It allows the program to be distributed as closed source, without making
that fact immediately obvious.

Not quite. Though MPL (which we are also using for new contributions) allows something like that to some extent. I personally don't think it's a bad thing.

Rimas