Hi folks,

please excuse me for chiming in into what is totally not my business, but:
it looks like the two Chinese teams are favoring two different locale naming styles (zh-Hans for simplified vs zh-TW for traditional). Do we have any plans to favor one of those schemes in future? I think we should. To me, it doesn't seem to make much sense to keep using two different naming styles for those two locales.

As far as I know, the LibO package itself currently uses zh-cn and zh-tw as locale codes. That's the traditional way, which is also employed by Linux. The modern way is to use script codes as main modifiers instead of country codes (because both simplified and traditional variants are spoken in more than one country, but there often exists only one localization of each type). These codes are already used by OS X, Haiku OS, and latest versions of .NET on Windows.

It seems that the lead of Simplified Chinese is already in favor of the modern locale code. However, I don't think it would make sense to only change one of those two codes, so IMO either both teams should start using new codes, or both should keep the old names. Current situation (as e.g. the Wiki reflects it) doesn't look reasonable, at least to me.

Can we come up with a consistent strategy here?
Rimas