So when you
install help to another directory, to me it seems like a small step to
also install install the langaugepack files to another directory
outside the app.

It's not *installing* the language pack wherever we want that is the
problem. (That is just a modification to one Apple Script file.) It's
*using* it from there. (All of it. Autotext, dictionaries (that for some
reason are packaged in some form of extension inside the language pack),
help, localisation in the form of .xcd files, other registry entries, and
localisation in the form of .mo files. (Possibly also presets (whatever
they are) and wizards, although those where empty in the couple of language
packs I looked id.)

My version of Catalina still is happy with the app bundle, no matter
whether I install a language pack or not (or multiple of them).

Feel free then to resolve the related bugs as NOTABUG.

--tml