thank you all for the technical help. I have not removed the file yet. And now I know, that 'git rm' will be the correct way.

Kind regards
Regina

Kaganski Mike schrieb am 02-Sep-19 um 12:25:
On 02.09.2019 9:20, Németh László wrote:
         And technical question: What do I need to do locally in Git, so
         that the
         information, that the no longer needed file
         "lo_preset_dashes.odt" has
         to be deleted, is included in my commit?

     If you deleted the file accidentally,

     git checkout sw/qa/extras/ooxmlexport/data/lo_preset_dashes.odt

     and

     git rm sw/qa/extras/ooxmlexport/data/lo_preset_dashes.odt

     and add deletion to the actual commit:

     git commit --amend

If you have already deleted the file, there's no need to restore it then
git rm. Just add its current (deleted) state to the index using

    git add path/to/removed/file

and proceed as usual (actually, using git commit -a --amend (when
appropriate) also picks the removal correctly).