On 07/06/19 10:07, Luboš Luňák wrote:
On Thursday 06 of June 2019, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 21:52 +0200, Luboš Luňák wrote:
Any idea what to do about that? Is it really ok that we just refuse
to save it? Or should we save it even though the contents may be
broken?

For what its worth those sample documents are not "realworld" user
documents, but the output of fuzzing engines so any non-catastrophic
outcome is acceptable IMO

 I have avoided the assert with https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/73646/ .
Given that it's (hopefully) very unlikely to find real documents with broken
zip internals, I find that good enough.

Bear in mind I don't know the background to this ...

My immediate reaction was "we can't refuse to let the user save their
document, so could we disable 'save' and do a 'save as'?".

As for unlikely to find broken documents, it's too long ago for me to
remember the details, but I remember salvaging a broken calc document by
unzipping it and recovering the data portion. So real-world broken
documents do happen (although I think in this case it was broken such
that LO refused to open it ...)

Cheers,
Wol