On Monday 03 of June 2019, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
Am 03.06.19 um 21:52 schrieb Luboš Luňák:
 Ok, so it's not a problem with my code, my changes just happened to show
the problem, and the problem is that those documents are broken. If you
try to unzip the documents, it will complain about incorrect CRC
 Any idea what to do about that? Is it really ok that we just refuse to
save it? Or should we save it even though the contents may be broken?

IMHO the only sane solution would be to detect the broken CRCs on read and
report a broken file to the user.

 That's not so easy. We do not detect broken CRCs on load, because we load on
demand. And removing that seems like a bad trade-off. Finding that a CRC
stream has a broken CRCs means uncompressing everything and checking, even
things we otherwise do not care about. I think we do not want to make loading
of everything possibly slower just to detect that virtually all documents are
correct.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak@collabora.com