On 2018-08-31 11:52 a.m., Drew Jensen wrote:

Just curious if the Templates will also require a license to be eligible for the TDF site.

I'd suggest that providing accurate information about the license for
templates is even more critical than for extensions.

I've come across a couple of templates whose intended usage is
implicitly prohibited by the crayon license that it is distributed under.

Particularly in the case of templates with embedded scripts is not the license not valid if the
user is not forced to agree to it?

That depends upon:
* the specific license: For example, GNU GPL 3.0 has no requirements for
a user to accept, or reject a license;
* the legal jurisdiction of the user: Both extension and template
licenses can be construed as "shrink wrap", and as such, not be legally
binding in some legal jurisdictions;

###

Licenses for template is extremely tricky, because they can
inadvertently govern the license that the created content can be
distributed under.

jonathon

jonathon