hi Regina,

your debugger is called $(DEVENV), and quoting that in the shell is a bit of a problem... (devenv.exe is the Visual Studio IDE)

the other problem is that apparently on Windows, the image-lists that are always rebuilt every time also respect the BUILDTOOLTRACE variable, which is quite an annoyance as a whole bunch of IDEs pop up...

so first "cd extras" so those image-lists aren't built.

then this works for me:

BUILDTOOLTRACE="'\$(DEVENV)' /debugexe" make Gallery_computers verbose=t

...once it crashes you can select everything in the stack trace tab and copy/paste it.