Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de> schrieb am Mi., 4. Juli 2018,
20:47:

And indeed it has a 0Byte file fb_trace_wj10i8 in
unpackedTarball/firebird/gen/Debug/firebird.

I can delete the file manually in Windows explorer. But I think it is an
error.

Yes, it is an error (actually, two) one is in firebird that doesn't clean
up the file (even if you create a file with the temporary attribute, you're
supposed to delete it if no longer used).
The other is the cygwin bug that Mike mentioned.
Workarounds to that are using a snapshot version of the cygwin dll, using
Powershell command to delete the file, or as you did: use Windows explorer
to delete the file.

So if you want to file a bug, then against firebird.

Ciao
Christian