Hi Regina;

This is the problem with cygwin 2.10, which I had to describe in our wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows#Install_Cygwin_Requirements:

"Cygwin 2.10.0-1 have introduced a breaking
change<http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Files-with-attribute-temporary-invisible-in-cygwin-td139637.html>
 related to treatment of files with
FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY<https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg258117> attribute set. This
interferes with Firebird creating such files in workdir/UnpackedTarball/firebird/gen/Debug/firebird
(with names like fb_trace_09y6aq), which results in failing build due to failure to remove a
non-empty directory. The problem is reported to be fixed in Cygwin snapshot 2018-03-09. The error
message is like

 rm: cannot remove 'D:/sources/lo-core1/workdir/UnpackedTarball/firebird/gen/Debug/firebird':
Directory not empty

A workaround is to open the directory using a file manager (like Windows File Explorer) and remove
the file(s) left there manually."

(Sorry for possible bad markup in my mail; I only have access to web UI of my mail ATM.)
Building LibreOffice on Windows with Cygwin and MSVC: Tips
...<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows#Install_Cygwin_Requirements>
Build dependencies. Before you can start hacking LibreOffice on Windows, you need to follow these
instructions to set up a build environment. Install Visual Studio