On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 11:37:54AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
    + 6.1 late features
        + calc threading default / fixing (Miklos)
           + lots of fixes this week.
        + writer – red-lining re-factoring (Michael S)
        + KDE5 work (Bubli/Thorsten)

I am a bit torn about this.

I enable gtk3_kde5 right now, as I *do* know the users do want KDE5
integration (and Qt4 is dead, and packages in Debian should disable its
usage if possible, so I am not shipping the kde4 thingy, besides it being
"broken" as the fpickers need never-upstream-done Qt patches, see
http://bugs.debian.org/752230)...

As long as gtk3_kde5 works... and kde5 maybe not as-good...

I want to avoid the situations of the early gtk3 days when we enable it
and ran into many UI problems and thus we disabled it again...

e.g.

 * debian/rules:
     - disable gtk3 for now again, too shaky
           (closes: #799251, #799049, #795131)

Debian buster will (most probably, unless I really try to "squeeze" 6.2 in,
compare the dates in [1] and [2]) freeze and release with 6.1.x.

OTOH, risking this in 6.2 and having even less time to shake stuff out in
"real-life" is worse.

As said, I am a bit torn about this :)

Regards,

Rene