On 29/03/18 08:46, Jens Carl wrote:
On 03/27/2018 01:29 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
In a rather unfortunate and confusing way, offapi/com/sun/star/sheet/XFunctionDescriptions.idl mentions the css.sheet.FunctionDescription old-style (see below) service description as a source of documentation for that sequence<css.beans.PropertyValue>.   Documenting such a sequence<css.beans.PropertyValue> with an old-style service description (that lists only properties, no interfaces nor super-services) is a misuse of the UNOIDL concepts.  But a misuse that goes unpunished, because it's all merely documentation.

So as a user you can guess from the documentation that the sequence<css.beans.PropertyValue> returned by getById will have five elements, "Id" of UNO type LONG, "Category" of UNO type LONG, etc. And such a sequence is a "pure" value detached from the object from which it was obtained via getById, so changing its elements wouldn't have any effect on the original object.  That's probably the reason why the properties of that misused css.sheet.FunctionDescription are marked as readonly.  Even if it is technically nonsense, it expresses the moral equivalent of there being no way to change the original object's values that are obtained via getById.

So coming back to my original question: So the intended behaviour is they're read-only and meant to "display" only some information?

css.sheet.FunctionDescription is apparently meant to be documentation for the sequence<css.beans.PropertyValue> returned by css.sheet.XFunctionDescription's getById.

Going forward the I see a couple options:
1. Only test the get part and ignore the set part, because there is no value to it.
2. Drop these tests (don't convert them from Java to C++).

I'm not sure what tests exactly you're referring to. I would naively assume that there is an existing test that obtains an instance of ScFunctionListObj, calls getById on it, and inspects the returned sequence.