On 15 Jan 2018, at 11:26 pm, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez <jaragunde@igalia.com> wrote:

Hi Adrián,

the code base of LibreOffice predates most bibliography about software
patterns, so you aren't going to find documents like those here!

Still, I made a presentation some time ago that you may find useful,
specially the parts that describe the branch model, how releases work, etc.

https://blogs.igalia.com/jaragunde/2015/11/11/updated-libreoffice-workshop-at-a-coruna-university/

<https://blogs.igalia.com/jaragunde/2015/11/11/updated-libreoffice-workshop-at-a-coruna-university/>

The Android code is, indeed, modern, but it follows the good old
development methodology of "hack something together until it works, then
polish" :) You can still find some patterns, a good developer will find
ways to reuse code or structures, but sometimes it's not even a
conscious decision, and you won't find documentation about that
excepting blog posts from the authors, if they feel like writing about
that. Maybe check the blogs linked from:
https://planet.documentfoundation.org/ <https://planet.documentfoundation.org/>

If you dig a bit more in my blog you will find some posts about the
Android code that might (or might not!) be interesting. Like I said
before, they explain the parts I wrote. But please, don't ask about them
because I've totally forgot at this point! :D

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Best,
--
Jacobo Aragunde
Software Engineer at Igalia

FWIW, whilst it hasn’t always been designed this way, there are patterns in the code.

Chris