Hi Michael,

        The "just run the console and do chmod +x <downloaded-file-name>" that
I see on their front-page is (I suspect) rather a bit of a usability
nightmare ;-) at least initially vs. say an app-store. Some 'technical'
people I know are impressed by command-line use ;-)

As you can set the executable bit from within your desktop environment[1], i wouldnt expect users
to jump to the console in order to do so, especially users appimage is targeting, unless they were
terminal junkies. :D

[1] https://youtu.be/nzZ6Ikc7juw?t=1m16s

        That seems reasonable. I guess it needs an active maintainer who fixes
problems with it - that is not Cloph =) is that you and/or Antonio ?

Yes Antonio would be the maintainer.

        I guess its useful to some people =) is there a central app-store /
location to find appimages ?

Yep, i use it to run the latest VLC[2] and Krita[3] on my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, without affecting the
version that comes from the base system. As anyone can create and distribute an appimage, there
isnt a central store for it, but i'd assume such a store will eventually be created in the future.
The appimage author keeps a list of appimages he's aware of on a wiki, which i did link to in my
previous email. Here it is again.[4]

[2] https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages/VLC/3.0.0.git4ff2515.glibc2.17#files
[3] http://www.davidrevoy.com/article322/krita-appimage-for-cats
[4] https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/wiki/AppImages

        Is Antonio in a better location for international calls ?

Yes he works at Studio Storti with Marina.

        Sounds reasonable to me to test this out as experimental for the 5.4.x
release and if it works well for 6.0.

Sweet.

        Thanks Jay & Antonio !

Thanks Michael.