On Mon, 2017-06-05 at 21:14 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Kohei,

On 05/06/17 20:54, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

On Mon, 2017-06-05 at 19:40 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

        Suggests (input from Kohei appreciated) - that we may
need to
do a new
'seek' each time we come to reading some bytes from the
underlying
package/ stream - to ensure that no other thread is messing with
our
underlying stream position while we are reading compressed data
from
it =)
Sorry, but can someone give me a brief summary of what you guys are
discussing?  What exactly is the problem, and what type of input
are
you expecting from me?
      The patch is gerrit:

      https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/38135/

      And the basic conflict is that your fix solved the bug by doing
all the
unzipping ahead of time, and that's rather in conflict with threading
and parallelizing the unzipping - which is the goal of this work =)

      So - advice on re-doing the fix to improve package to cope with
multiple threads doing seeking etc. would be great if possible =)

I'm afraid I don't have any advice here that I can give off the top of
my head.  I have no clue what work would involve threading and
parallelizing the unzip to begin with, much less advice to fix what I
fixed while achieving your goal...

I would probably have to spend some considerable amount of time
researching before I could even come up with something tangible. :-(

Kohei