but we build python3 anyway, why don't we just use that to run the
bin/gbuild-to-ide script, then it'll run even on macOS?
I can only look at my configuration, where tml_ helped me, and I needed to have
--enable-python=fully-internal in autogen.input to make a full build work.

Since foo-ide-integration and gbuildtojson runs with a build (directly after a make clean), that
will not work.

Maybe there are other ways to get python3 working with our build, but I had a mess of 2.7 header
files (from apple) and 3.0 header files from an official python3 installation, and the solution
seemed to be the above option.

rgds
jan I.