As I read the release plan I saw that beta2 release is marked as
optional. I don't know how you used to decide to have this beta
release or not, but I'd like to request to have it.
I added a new feature to Calc:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.3#Pivot_tables
, but this feature is fully broken in beta1, because of a revertion:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=50244309501d738e7314fa79785db139c826f8d7
It's fixed now on an API compatible way. It would be good to have this
feature released as early as possible so users can test it.
I also needed to change hundreds of line in pivot table code:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-5-3&id=f8daf04a1d06f870202a1f1868b59ce90adde0e4
so this also would be good to be tested.

Thanks,
Tamás