On 17.11.2016 17:54, Curtis Hamilton wrote:
This might be a lost cause and I’m sure this subject has been previously
addresses, however, I’d like to know if any has successfully ported
LibreOffice to FreeBSD on PowerPC.

I’ve been able to successfully build version 4.3.7, from the FreeBSD
ports, using the Linux PowerPC code as a guide.  However, the resulting
build does not display any icons in the menus or toolbars.

well... 4.3 is really ancient and EOL so i guess investigating this
isn't going to be very productive, i suggest first trying master or 5.2,
it's quite possible that the problem is gone but you get a different one
instead :)

My build environment:

OS: FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE powerpc (64-bit)
Compiler: GCC version 4.8.5
Java Version:  OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)

I’m hoping that someone with knowledge of the workings of the user
interface can provide some insight on what to look at.  I’m not sure if
this is a LibreOffice issue or FreeBSD on PowerPC issue.

it could be either, in particular if it's big-endian PPC there might be
an endian issue in some image handling code, of which there is quite a
lot for various different formats.