On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 07:46:40PM +0000, toki wrote:

On 17/11/2016 12:00, Khaled Hosny wrote:

The bullets in the bug document use the “Symbol” font from Windows,
which has “symbol” cmap subtable that maps characters from Private Use
Area to its own glyphs. Because the document uses PUA symbols, without

Anything in the PUA is up for grabs.

That is a general statement, and well understood. However I’m asking in
the context of office suits and document format, and the position in our
code base.

For bullets, you should be using glyphs in the code point range Ux2600
through Ux27BF and/or Ux1F300 through Ux1F67F.

We are dealing here with imported documented, not what we are exporting.
The use of PUA certainly is backwards, but that is how is it and we have
to deal with it already. Again I’m asking what is the expectation in our
context, not in general.

Regards,
Khaled