* Commit Access
   + cleanup of stale? committers (Norbert)
     + ran a script to find people with no commit >1 yr.
        + or should we let them stay around.
     + some project revoked after 0.5 years (Miklos)
        + frugalware.
     + do we have any problem with leaving them ? (Stephan)
        + no; but don't want to ever be (Norbert)
     + concern wrt. removing committers (JanI)
        + openhub counts actual commits (Norbert)
     + generate a mail if they arrive (JanI)
     + social aspect concern (Michael)
        + if we can get people active again by poking (Bjoern)
           + can be helpful.
        + otherwise leave open & put a watch on commits (Bjoern)
           + just look at these carefully.
           + and welcome them back.
     + concern wrt. the work, some people move on (Norbert)
        + do we want to keep them open forever.
        + we have a bunch of ex. GSOC never seen again ?
           + silently remove those we think are unlikely to come back
           + concern wrt. creating lots of rules
           + notify removing them.
     + for sure - commit rights to random projects (Kendy)
        + not feel comfortable committing now.
        + if not for three years - through gerrit.
   => leave up to JanI

Based on the above discussion, my intention is:

- To extend my nightly statistic script, to check new commits (probably restricted to our code
repo).
- For every commit If the delta between the last commit from the author and this commit is more
than 1Year, the script will notify me.
- I will write a "happy to see you again" mail, with copy the dev list, so the author hopefully
starts to be an active part of the community again.

- We already have scripting in place, to mail authors who have not contributed for > 3 months. (see
"20(20) to be emailed" in the stats.

- Before revoking anybodys commit right please notify me in advance, so I can write a nice email to
them as a last poke before executing the revoke.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.
rgds
jan I