I use DSL. I have 128K bits up, 1 mbits down. This is not uncommon.

Some issue with 'remote' file mode.
1) saving takes forever. The lock state is not good for remote file save.
Spin that task off. That's what multithreading is for.
2) local temp storage vs network. Use local for recovery. Not everyone has
gigibit bandwidth. Image I start the program and has to connect to google
drive to even finish starting up? What If my network is down? Local lock
files please.

I'd like to type 'ctrl-s' and get back to work, not wait for my Google
Drive to release me, if ever. I wait minutes the first time I use this
version. Let that process run in the background. Get back to typing.