On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com> wrote:

you can choose size or perf.. but having a
bool foo:1
followed by 2 plain bool
is wrong either way.

Yes, that is arguably something to clean up.  The question is just which way
to clean it up makes more sense.  (Especially as a series of three
non-bitfield bool can be a performance optimization over a series of three
size-1-bitfield bool without being a space pessimization.)

Agreed.

_I_ tend to avoid bitfield myself.. but I did not do the patch, just
reviewed it... and using consistently one or the other was an
improvement imo :-)

Norbert