On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Michaël Lefèvre <lefevre00@gmail.com>
wrote:

1. there is a 'missingConfig' error, recommanding us to run the check with
--checkconfig

Im assuming you meant 'missingInclude' here, and not 'missingConfig' ? (I
couldnt find a 'missingConfig'). If I remember correctly, there are
cppcheck options to make it look in additional (sub-)directory's for header
files. I actually tried that option, but couldnt get it to work properly,
not even when I included the directory's that contained the right header
files. So I abandoned that approach. Feel free to try out those options and
improve the script.
;)

2. we could minimized the results by removing check on qa sub-directories,
which are supposed to be the place for unit tests.

Again, if I recall correctly, there's an '-i directory' option that lets
you exclude certain directory's. So I guess it would be pretty easy to do
something like this : 'cppcheck -i qadir1 -i qadir2 -i qadir3'.

3. if you use a suppression-list to silence some reports, may be this one
could be in the git repository so we can use it localy.

There is a switch that determines what kind of 'bugs' to report on. I think
that it is currently set to '--enable=all', and guess you could specify
only certain types of bugs to report on using that.

I dont actually remember options to specify specific pieces of code to
exclude; but then again, the man page says this :

--suppress=<spec>

    Suppress a specific warning. The format of <spec> is: [error
id]:[filename]:[line]. The [filename] and [line] are optional. [error id]
may be * to suppress all warnings (for a specified file or files).
[filename] may contain the wildcard characters * or ?.

--suppressions-list=<file>

    Suppress warnings listed in the file. Each suppression is in the format
of <spec> above.

Which I guess could do what you want, but you would have to manually
administer that suppression list which you may not want to do.

By the way, thank you for bringing this idea to reality.

No problem, I liked doing it, and was glad that I could contribute to the
LibreOffice project even though I cant write C/C++.

Hope this helps,

- Maarten