Hi All

When compiling LibreOffice I get a failed Unit test. If I hash out the failing CPPUNIT_ASSERT I get no more errors and Libreoffice compiles successfully.

I suspect the problem is environmental, missing package or something, as I've managed to compile without intervention on another distro.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this problem, without hashing out the code or skipping the test, will be appreciated.

I've pulled from git and git branch says I'm on

* libreoffice-5-0-0
  master

I've compiled with

--without-gssapi --without-krb5 --without-system-npapi-headers

The error is -

[build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc.cxx
[build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_column.cxx
[build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_formula.cxx
[build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_pivottable.cxx
[build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_sharedformula.cxx
[build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_sort.cxx
[build DEP] LNK:CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so
[build LNK] CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so
[build CUT] sc_ucalc
/home/master/git/libreoffice/sc/qa/unit/ucalc.cxx:4540:Test::testAutoFill
assertion failed
- Expression: m_pDoc->GetCellType(ScAddress(0,i,0)) == CELLTYPE_NONE

ucalc.cxx:4540:Assertion
Test name: Test::testAutoFill
assertion failed
- Expression: m_pDoc->GetCellType(ScAddress(0,i,0)) == CELLTYPE_NONE

Failures !!!
Run: 205   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE            # for exception catching
export CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"    # for interactive debugging on Linux
export VALGRIND=memcheck            # for memory checking

and retry using: make CppunitTest_sc_ucalc

make[1]: *** [/home/master/git/libreoffice/workdir/CppunitTest/sc_ucalc.test] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
Compilation of libreoffice failed with 2 at Sun 30 Aug 16:01:04 BST 2015

If I hash out the problem area like this -

 4536      pUndoMgr->Undo();
  4537
4538 /* CPPUNIT_ASSERT_EQUAL(1.0, m_pDoc->GetValue(ScAddress(0,0,0)));
  4539      for (SCROW i = 1; i <= 5; ++i)
4540 CPPUNIT_ASSERT(m_pDoc->GetCellType(ScAddress(0,i,0)) == CELLTYPE_NONE); */

The test no longer fails and LibreOffice goes on to compile successfully.

I've done a quick debug on it and the failure occurs on the first iteration of the loop when i=1

Alex