Hi Oliver,

Olivier Hallot schrieb:
Hi Regina, all

On 02/08/2015 14:06, Regina Henschel wrote:

Provide a development section about the build-in help to the Wiki. It
should not only contain a tutorial about help authoring but in addition
a description how the current help works at all from a developer view,
and how it is actually structured.
We can start with the document "OOo2HelpAuthoring.pdf". The content has
to be revised and adapted and extended. For example the .mk files are
different than described in that document and the document describes the
possibilities of the help format, but not all details of the actual
realization.
Having it in the Wiki keeps such knowledge available, when a help expert
leaves the community. It can be adapted to future developments. Experts
of different areas can better work together to collect help knowledge in
one place, for example experts for "Help to Wiki" and experts for
"translating help".

Do we have a tool to convert such pdf to mediawiki? I found a good one
to convert to html5 but all my attemps to get mediawiki turns out to be
very manual... If we can get the original odf/swx, that will be nice to
try with our internal mediawiki export.

Also, are we allowed to upload this document and edit it in a wiki? It
is under Public document License and by section 2 of PDL, it looks like
we can... but IANAL.
http://www.openoffice.org/licenses/PDL.html

I think too, that providing the original document for download is allowed and we should do it as reference. But I think, we should not try to use it directly in the Wiki, because the license has a strict rule, how to handle information about authors which can easily be broken when free Wiki editing is possible. In addition this rules make it difficult to arrange the content on different pages.

I think, we need to newly write the content.

Kind regards
Regina