Hi Norbert,

Norbert Thiebaud schrieb:
--enable-verbose is messed-up
in configure.ac it set VERBOSE to

--enable-verbose -> YES
--disable-verbose -> NO
neither -> empty

and then VERBOSE is exported via config_host.mk

But gmake and most of the rest of the build use
verbose=non-empty/empty as a test
typically
$(if $(verbose)$(VERBOSE),<is verbose>,<is_not_verbose>))

some isolated place have a test of  VERBOSE= YES/NO
which conflict with the semantic of verbose

all that being said...

verbose=t make  does also fails on Windows
when ran at the top level, very early on while processing the Dep
targets apparently..
make --debug=all did not provide much more info.. short of building a
debug version of make and taking a core, it is hard to guess what is
going on, but very likely some buffer overrun bug in make itself

So.. don't do that.... do not use --enable-verbose (for the reason
stated at the top of this post.. it is broken)
and do not use verbose=t at the top level,  it is really not that
useful anyway, except to fill you disk with a huge build log) as it
drown the ouput in tons of useless details

I have removed --enable-verbose now. Now it goes so far, that I get an usable soffice.exe. But beyond that it fails in a unit test. I try to attach the zipped log, don't know whether it comes through to the list.

Kind regards
Regina