On 09.06.2015 16:20, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Tor Lillqvist wrote:
But neither is it very useful to have the already small set of OS X -based
developers split into those who use a pure upstream way to build, those who
use HomeBrew libjpeg but bundled Python, those who use MacPorts Python and
libjpeg, etc.

Maybe. But is that really so different on Linux (where we seem to
cope)? And I guess Khaled's intention is to rather grow the pool of
Mac hackers, by removing one very early point of frustration ...

we cope with this on Linux mainly because we have distribution package
maintainers who actually work on having our build system pick up
$random_distro_of_the_week's inconsistently packaged system libraries
properly.