Dear developers,
we had an issue, with Basic and LibreOffice-Writer. We are a Consulting Company and programming solutions for other company's in germany. The programming Language is not relevant. It can be Perl, Java, C, ..., and of course LibreOffice Basic.

But first let me explain our project.

We are using the Writermodul, to generate a Dokumentation-structur. Each page in the document is one step in the whole projekt. We are using Basic to generate automaticly pages for the users. Each page is layouted as tables like this schematic diagram:

| Type  | <Description>                         |
| ID    | <new Item>           | <Pulldownmenu> |
|Content| <Text to fill>, <Graphics>,           |
|       | <another Table in this Cell>,         |
|       | <Crosslinks in this Document>,        |
|       | <Hyperlinks>, .....                   |

So the user can describe the Project. The Content-Cell can be very big and sometimes scale about two or more pages. That work's fine. If the user save's the document, we are using Basic to check if everything is filled out the right way, building Bookmark-Entrys to easy access the pages in the document and some importend other things.

So now our issue.

To generate bookmarks, making checks, ..., we are scrolling with Basic through the whole document. To protect the visible scrolling and speed up the process of checking, we are using the Basic function "ThisComponent.lockControllers" and at the end of checking "ThisComponent.unlockControllers". And here is the Problem. If the document grow up, let me say about 10 and more pages, pages get lost and information in cells can't be checked. If we don't use "lock/unlockControllers" everything works fine, but it slow down the process extremly. And if the document has up to 100 and more pages, "You know what User's say to me, ..."

So can you explain me this effect? Is it a memory problem (I'm using an Apple with 16 GByte of RAM and fast Core i7 CPU). Is it a Bug in the Software, that you havened heard about? Are there any workarounds about this effect?

I'm glade, if you can give me an answer.

Regards
Edgar Holst
(Senior System Engineer)

begin:vcard
fn:Edgar Holst
n:Holst;Edgar
org:indigo Consulting GmbH
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable;dom:;;Kieler Stra=C3=9Fe 672;Neum=C3=BCnster;;24536
email;internet:edgar.holst@indigo-nms.eu
tel;work:+49 4321 6907885
tel;cell:+49 171 1233178
x-mozilla-html:TRUE