Hey,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Jens Tröger <jens.troeger@light-speed.de>
wrote:

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 11:42:07AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
   >   release builds should not print red herrings on stdout/stderr;

   But running soffice from the command line on OS X is not the right
   thing to do anyway (unless you are a developer debugging something),
so
   debating what it should or should not do in such a case is a bit
   pointless. And thus also passing a --help option on the command line
is
   a bit pointless.

This conversation is getting off-topic now.  Matter of fact is: there is
output which has not yet been nailed to a root cause, and that output
contradicts what LO eventually does.  The output also indicates that
something goes awry during the load of a plain-text document which
happens to contain LaTeX commands.

IMO this is an issue that needs resolution.  (Which is why I started
this thread.)

Jens

As you are discussing this on the developer list and not in bugzilla I have
to assume that you plan to work on resolving that issue. You already got a
few interesting code pointers pointing to libxml2 in the filter detection
code with missing overwritten error handlers.

If you need more code pointers after debugging please feel free to ask. If
you just want to raise an issue please move it to bugzilla.

Regards,
Markus