On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 11:05:05AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
     That it's loading the file as a normal text document.

   But LibreOffice is not a text editor.

      Instead, the 'parser' tells me that the document I'm loading is empty

   Most likely some filter misrecognises the LaTeX source as its own
   format, but then when it actually tries to load it, it (of course)
   fails. Not sure which filter it is.
   Unfortunately I think that the way the recognition of input formats
   work, it is not possible once LO has decided which filter to use for
   the document isn't what it thought after all.
   Probably the fix for this (minor, but probably irritating to some)
   problem is to make the filter that thinks it has recognised the LaTeX
   source as suitable for itself more strict.
   Anyway, don't you need to be a bit tricky on OS X to convince
   LibreOffice to even attempt opening a .tex file?
   --tml

The minimum expectation I have on any application that can edit text is
to load a plain text file.  A LaTeX file is plain text.  I would expect
LO to be able to handle a plain text file.

On OS X it was simple: load the file with the normal "Open File" dialog.
On OS X and Linux, I could also load that same file through the UNO API
without any problems.

Jens

--
Jens Tröger